- Materials for weaving a beaded bracelet
- Tips for choosing materials for beading
- The easiest bracelet weaving
- Name bracelet scheme
- Bracelet with cross pattern
- Wide bracelet on the machine
- Seven-layer beaded bracelet
- Beaded bracelet with two holes
- Questions and answers
- Video tips for weaving beaded bracelets
- Things to know (Q&A)
For beginners, there are several simple patterns for weaving bracelets. It is better to start with the simplest, moving gradually to more complex schemes. In this case, you should carefully follow the instructions so that you do not have to unwind already intertwined beads.
Materials for weaving a beaded bracelet
Before starting work, you need to prepare all the materials:
- beads of the required texture, you can combine different materials and shapes;
- distribute the beads in small molds to make it easier to take the necessary one;
- thin fishing line or thread;
- a needle suitable for weaving, it is selected taking into account the diameter of the hole of the beads;
- sharp scissors;
- pliers, they are needed for bracelets with a lock;
- additional decorative elements.
You can string beads on any type of thread and fishing line. But it is better to take the most durable so that they do not tear under tension.
Tips for choosing materials for beading
Professionals who have been involved in this art for a long time have developed a number of tips for beginners.
The easiest bracelet weaving
With this scheme, you should begin your acquaintance with beading for both adults and children. It is intuitive and allows you to fill your hand in working with small and large beads.
Using this example, it is recommended to develop motor skills in children so that they can work with beads of any shape and length. After that, they will be able to move on to more complex patterns and weaving on machines.
Name bracelet scheme
Despite the apparent complexity, beginners in beading will be able to tie a beautiful name bracelet with a certain skill. You should start with the obligatory drawing of a diagram. The background beads become dots with one color, and the beads that will display the name are drawn in a different color. This pattern makes it possible to weave a bracelet with any name.
After drawing the diagram, you can start creating a bracelet:
Bracelet with cross pattern
To practice skills, it is better to take a pattern with two or three different types of beads.
To weave the product, follow these steps:
It is important to guess with the length of the bracelet. A longer thread is easily cut, but a thread that is too short will not always be possible to tie with a new one, since the knot can interfere with the penetration of the beads.
Wide bracelet on the machine
This weaving pattern is suitable for beginners and advanced craftsmen. For weaving, you need any machine.
To weave a wide bracelet on the machine, you need to do the following steps:
Seven-layer beaded bracelet
To weave an ornament according to this pattern, you just need to understand how to weave arcs with smaller beads from the main link. This weaving creates the illusion of volume and layering.
If there is no ready-made mount, you can use the usual English pin. It just needs to be bent into a suitable shape and threaded through both ends of the product.
Beaded bracelet with two holes
This decoration is suitable for beginners who love something unusual.
To weave a beautiful bracelet, you will need to follow these steps:
Questions and answers
It is better to practice on simpler ones first in order to accurately learn how to read diagrams. Such bracelets are not difficult to weave, but require more skill than flat ones.
No, since not even every experienced master undertakes to weave complex things. Starting with heavy weaving, there is a high probability of completely losing interest in the craft due to difficulties and errors in the work.
Any. You should focus on the clarity of reading the letters, which will consist of beads. The wider the bracelet, the easier it is to read the name.
Costs. If necessary, they can be easily built from improvised materials or you can buy the simplest of them for a start.
It all depends on where the mistake is made. Sometimes it is enough to unweave a place with incorrect weaving, and sometimes you have to start weaving all over again, cutting off a new thread and stringing beads from the first row.
Weaving bracelets is within the power of even novice craftsmen. You just need to start with simple patterns and, after carefully working them out, move on to more complex weaving. If everything is done according to the instructions, in a few weeks it will be possible to create a more complex product.
Video tips for weaving beaded bracelets
Things to know (Q&A)
How do you make a beaded bracelet at home?
- Prepare a Length of Stretch Cord. Cut a length of cord that is about 4 to 6 inches longer than your desired bracelet length. ...
- String Beads on the Elastic Cord. ...
- Knot the Stretch Bracelet. ...
- Hide the Knot on a Stretch Bracelet. ...
- Trim the Stretch Cord Ends. ...
- Wear Your Stretch Bracelet.
How do you make bracelets step by step?
- Step 1: Preparation. Choose the colours of thread you would like to use. ...
- Step 2: Cut Lengths of Thread. Unwrap thread from the bobbin. ...
- Step 3: Fold It in Half. ...
- Step 4: Knot All the Strands. ...
- Step 5: Organise Your Colours. ...
- Step 6: Knot Your First Thread. ...
- Step 7: Knot the Right Side. ...
- Step 8: Complete Your First "V" Pattern.
What supplies do you need to make beaded bracelets?
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert.
- First aid kit.